Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympic Quilting and Sewing

Hello Everyone,

Let the Olympic quilting events begin! If athletes the world over can give their absolute all the next two weeks, then so can I in the marathon quilting/applique event! I have a long list of projects that I plan to work on every evening while watching the Olympics. I started in earnest yesterday with another block for Party in the Garden. What I'm not showing you is all of the rough drafts for this block! I should have taken a picture of the sheets of paper on the floor so you'd get the idea of the constant revisions.

I really enjoy drawing a block then make it come to life in fabric. All of the pieces are just pinned. I'll start appliqueing tonight. The petals in the hanging baskets are quite small. I found that just by taking my time and being extra careful working with each piece, it came together quite well. The Garden Party fabric by Blackbird Designs is so much fun to work with. The designs, colors, and patterns work together beautifully. I'll be adding some embroidery to this block in the larger container. My plan is to embroider some green tendrils flowing out of the planter. More pictures to follow next week.

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I stopped quilting long enough to make three pillow cases for my three granddaughters. The adorable little P.S. I Love You tags are down at the shop. Now the little girls can read this every night and have happy, sweet dreams.

Now that these are finished, I have to figure out what to do for the three grandsons! I forgot to bring their fabric up with me. I might actually have to buy something for them!

Enjoy the opening ceremony tonight. I know I'm looking forward to it.

Take care everyone.

As always,
Lynn



1 comment:

  1. I was looking back through your blog just a bit. This is such a pretty applique block. I was wondering what pattern it is from.

    ReplyDelete