Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Is it April or January????

This weather is wonderfully crazy! We love it. What a treat to have snow in April! The best part is that I don't have to rake pine needles. I would much rather hold an applique needle than a rake, but I may just have to push the snow shovel around if it keeps this up.

Whenever this sign is lit up, we know that there is a possibility that we are going to have to break out the shovels and snowblower. Dorrington is about five miles up the road from the cabin.

This is the road as you drive into the little community of Arnold. Population around 3,000, elevation around 4,000. Believe it or not, there is a golf course just to the left of the road. Only the geese are out on the course today.
The temperature dropped rapidly once we started driving up the mountain.

This is looking up our street.

The poor little flowering plum is trying to stand up straight in the backyard.

Poor thing is shivering.

Enough snow pictures, let's get to the quilt pictures. I'm the queen of unfinished projects. I get bored easily if I can't finish up a quilt quickly and will put it aside if something else comes along that I just have to make...NOW.


When I was working at the shop on Monday, Melissa asked me what I was going to work on this week. I'm sure I had a blank look on my face when the dozen or so half-finished projects flashed before my eyes. I've decided to work on Blooms in a Basket...a block of the month from a shop that closed several years ago. To my knowledge the pattern was never published. I love this quilt and why I put it aside, even I can't remember. All of the flowers on the border just need to be appliqued in place....how easy is that. I only have a few more flowers and a few more "dotties" to make (since I changed the borders) and this quilt will be ready for quilting.


So I'll be working on these pretty blooms while the snow covers the pretty blooms outside.
I think I'll be doing lots of cross-hatching in the basket areas.
I'll probably quilt a tight stipple around the flowers.

I also brought up two more projects that I want to work on. There just aren't enough hours in the day for all of the projects I want to complete. I'll be posting more photos this week.


Thank you all for your wonderful comments about Party in the Garden. I appreciate every single one of them more than you will ever know. The patterns are in the shop as of yesterday and will be on the shop's website soon.


As always,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment