Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Party in the Garden Month #4 - The Mailbox

Good morning to everyone,

Your Party in the Garden bundle of fabric is "in the mail." I wish I had a cute little mailbox outside my home just like this one. If you've been keeping up with the program, your top corner will be completed soon.



You could personalize the mailbox block with your last name on the box....our your house number would be cute also.


How do you make your flying geese? For absolute accuracy, I use a flying geese ruler. It takes a bit more fabric but the results are spot on! If you don't already have one, it is worth the investment and is a tool you will be glad to have. Best yet, you can make four flying geese at a time!


My embroidery skills were a little rusty so this block has just a touch of little green tendrils. More would be nice if you are feeling inspired.


I would love to see pictures of what you've done so far.....especially if you've changed up the design and fabric. The ladies in my drop-in class are adding a few of their own touches and I love their results. Send pictures to patched55@comcast.net and I'll post them to the blog.

Have a wonderful day and week!

As always,
Lynn

P.S. Don't forget the preview party at the shop tonight, Tuesday Aug. 17th at 6:30. We will be displaying all of the projects for the upcoming classes for the next three months. The new class schedule will be posted HERE this week. The schedule is full and there is something for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynn. I've just spent some time looking at your blog and there are some lovely quilts on it, especially Sallie's Quilt and the one where you did your swirls on.

    ReplyDelete