Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Another Summer's Blush Quilt is Finished

Hello Everyone,

Does this quilt look familiar? You have seen bits and pieces of it over the past couple of months from my class for Summer's Blush. Lisa finished her fabulous quilt! I love it when I get pictures of finished projects.  Lisa is a "finisher".  She doesn't like to start on a new project until the current one is complete.  I think I could learn a lot from her!


The flanges and flowers are so cute.  Lisa chose to make one large flower using the 1" hexagon papers instead of three flowers that use the 1/2" hexagon papers.

Beautiful choice of color that represent Summer so well.

Oops!  How did Lisa's little dog get in here?  This picture made me smile, so of course I have to show you too.

I love everything about Lisa's quilt.  From the polka dots to the flanges to the border fabric that the class voted on.

In case you were wondering, Lisa said she spent about 85 hours making this quilt.  I think it was time well spent! I've never kept track of how much time I spend on a quilt.  I have kept track of how much time I spend machine quilting which adds up to days of time.  But, the way I look at it, I'm creating heirlooms for the next generation to cherish....and you can't put a time or dollar amount on that intangible quality.

Your pictures made my day Lisa!  You've created an heirloom.

If anyone if blogland makes one of my patterns, please send me pictures.  I would love to see what quilters are creating across the globe.  Send them to patched55@comcast.net

Have a great week everyone. 

As always,

Lynn

P.S. I'm off to San Mateo for the next couple of days to be with my cousin Melody, who is recuperating nicely from her double mastectomy surgery.  Great news!  Of the 15 lymph nodes removed, no cancer was present!  The weeks of chemotherapy worked their magic.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for your cousin! That is great news! Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa's quilt and her dog make me smile, Lynn! Wonderful finish - so happy and bright! I'm so glad to hear the good news about your cousin!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what good news about your cousin. I am so happy. This quilt is wonderful. Is there a pattern for this? Could we maybe someday have a tutorial on the flanges? Yes, perfect summer colors! Safe travel.

    ReplyDelete