Saturday, April 9, 2011

QAL - Post #2

Hello Again,

Once I signed up for the Christmas QAL, I received the great instructions for Block #3 from Cathi and dug right in.


I had originally planned on putting candy cane fabric in the center.....but as always, I changed my mind and went for the plaids.  The plaids are in keeping with the country look and feel that I'm trying to achieve.


My goal is to use ONLY the fabric that I have on hand.  A QAL is so much fun and holds you accountable to get a project completed.  I will be so happy next fall knowing that I only made two blocks a month and voila.....a quilt is finished.....painlessly I might add.  I can't wait to see the block instructions for next month!

I have a bit more time to sew before I have to stop and make dinner for the troops....a.k.a. our son and his family.  Have a great day everyone.

As always,

Lynn

8 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous block. Have fun the rest of the day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plaid fabric works so well in your block. I really love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your use of plaids. I would never have thought of using them in these blocks. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the plaids you are using. My kind of look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How come everyone else seems to match fabrics so effortlessly? I agonise for hours, and I'm only using plains at the mo as a new quilter - I think patterns would send me into meltdown! The plaid looks a million dollars in your stars - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your choice of fabric. very different and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the plaid. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't go wrong with plaids in my book! Great job..

    ReplyDelete