Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Minglewood Block

Hello Everyone,

I'm moving right along on the blocks for the Minglewood quilt. This is block #14 called Broken Star.  Those of you in the Minglewood BOM program, will be receiving the fabric for this block sometime next year!  Gosh, it sounds so far away, but next year will be here before we know it!


I'll make one more of this same design, but the colors will be moved around.  I tried to introduce a touch more yellow in the mix.  I still don't have much green in the quilt, and I'm running out of blocks to make.  I just selected the fabric for the sashings and border and I can't wait until it arrives at the shop.

I like this quilt so much that I'm going to make a version in Christmas colors also.  The 12-1/2" blocks are fun to make and I just don't want to stop making them.  There are several different layouts in the Four Seasons at Minglewood book.  So, I could make a quilt with only 15 blocks and it will still be a nice size.  That works for me!

As always,

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Each block seems to take on a whole new identity! Can't believe you're running out of blocks to make already!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    Are the patterns in the book easy to understand and do the blocks come out to the right size without cutting off any points? I am still on the fence but falling.

    ReplyDelete