Sunday, October 9, 2011

Minglewood is Quilted

Hello Everyone,

I've climbed out of my quilting cave and joined the living! What an odyssey it's been working on this quilt.   Here is part of the final product.  I'll have to wait until the sun comes up and try to get a picture of the whole quilt.  It is o-dark-hundred here and I want to get a post out this morning so you didn't think I'd been slacking off again.

I basically ended up with two quilts.  The backside looks like a whole cloth quilt.  So my question is, where do I put the label?  This is what 40+ hours of custom quilting looks like from the back.


Front of the block.


Back of the same block.


This is one of my favorite blocks.


I like this one too.


I like this block also.....I'm in love with all of them!


I used Dream Wool batting on this baby.  I love the look and feel the wool batting produces.  It is warm in the winter and light and cool in the summer.....don't ask me how it does that. 

I always, always quilt to music.  CD's, IPod, radio....whatever makes beautiful sounds.  Friday night when I finished Minglewood and was removing her from the machine, the Canadian Tenors version of Hallelujah written by Leonard Cohen started playing on my IPod. What a coincidence!  The music expressed my feelings to a "T".

Today I will park myself on the couch and work on 400" of binding until my arm stops working and my hand can no longer hold the needle.  It's a good thing for me that I love to watch football as that is what I'll have on the tube for the day.

More pictures tomorrow.  I'm off to the shop Monday and teaching Tuesday, so I have to get as much done today as I can.  I worked at the shop yesterday and it was so much fun seeing some of you that I don't often get a chance to see.  I hope you are enjoying your morning coffee Judy!

As always,

Lynn

P.S. Thank you all for your comments on my last post about picking out stitches.  I'll try to answer each and every comment individually........soon.

20 comments:

  1. I wish I had just one tenth of your talent, your quilting is absolutely beautiful and your quilt is just lovely. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Breathtaking Stunning.

    I love the back as much as the front I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.....I don't know what else to say.....I'm speechless. All your hard work does pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I agree with Sue...takes your breath away!! STUNNING!! This is what a Heirloom Quilt looks like!! Well done!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The above comments got it right absolutely amazing. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your quilting is fantastic. It sets the blocks off so well. Congratulations on another finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is a treasure. I'd say you've earned a day on the couch at the least. I can't choose one block I like the best because they all look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just GORGEOUS !! This is a true work of art! Pat your self on the back for a job well done !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, simply stunning! I love the back as much as the front. (Recently, I quilted the label details right into the quilt as I didn't want to put a physical label on.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What can I say that hasn't already been said. I am in awe of your quilting ability. From picking all the fabrics to putting it together and now quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is absolutely breathtaking! You certainly can win awards with this one! As for the label, maybe you can embroider onto the binding. I watched a video on The Quilt Show of Sharon Pedersen doing her labels like that. Haven't tried it but this quilt would be perfect for it -- you wouldn't want to cover up any of that fabulous quilting! Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is stunning - an amazing amount of work, but I think it must be worth it. I hope that someday I can make something as wonderful as that a real heirloom. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Canadian Tenors' version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah is so beautiful it sends shivers up your spine. A fitting analogy to a quilt so beautiful...it sends shivers up your spine. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Lynn --- I go away for a few days and return to the most spectacular finish - how gorgeous! In a way aren't you glad you didn't use the Baptist Fans? It's absolutely stunning! I say Hallelujah, too!!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete