Saturday, February 11, 2012

Christmas Quilt Along Post #1

Hello Everyone,

Since Scrappy is my middle name, I'm going to make a scrappy version of the Festive Mystery Quilt.  If you would like to make the quilt also, go to Hazel's BLOG, click on  Christmas Quiltalong 2012 at the top of her page, scroll down, and you'll find the first set of cutting directions.



I rummaged through my stash here at the cabin, and pulled out this odd assortment.  This could be interesting combined together, or it could be an utter failure.  It has all of my required elements, polka dots, plaids, checks.....but no stripes.  Back to the magic fabric cupboard to look for a stripe that matches  this bunch of not quite Christmas misfit fabrics.  I do see some holly leaves in the picture.

So key the Christmas music and let the Christmas quilting begin!   Check back again as I will be posting my progress throughout the day.  It is also fun to check on the progress made by everyone else that signed up on Mr. Linky on Hazel's blog.

In addition to starting the Festive Mystery Quilt, I have another little project up my sleeve.  I'll test this fabric out on it first to see if these colors play nicely together.

Coffee, I need coffee.


As always,

Lynn

6 comments:

  1. Oh, you really are scrappin'!! Girl after my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the warmth in those fabrics - and holly leaves for Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to look so different. I can't wait to see it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all for scrap quilts too. Like you selection. It's a nice mix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love scrappy quilt and your's look very nice :) Can't wait to see more later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could eat your fabrics...they look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete