Saturday, March 24, 2012

Another One in the Finished Column

Hello Everyone,

The binding is finished, the hanging sleeve is on, all I need now is a quilt label and Madrigal is completely finished! When the Urban Cowgirl fabric by Moda arrived at the shop, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.  In my mind, I could "see" the finished quilt.  Now I get to see and touch the finished quilt.
 

Here is the first version of Madrigal that I made with Luna Notte fabric along with some older 3 Sisters fabrics called Wuthering Heights.  This version is hanging at The Quilt House in Gardnerville, Nevada and is traveling around to quilt shows in California and Nevada.


This is how Madrigal got her name. 

The definition of madrigal is…’ a song with parts for several, usually unaccompanied voices singing in harmony.’  The naming of this quilt originated when this beautiful fabric seemed to sing to me. There are many different ‘voices’ of this quilt.   The center appliqué section acts as the choirmaster.  The other voices singing in harmony are the blocks, the setting triangles with their flanges, the setting squares with a quilted, feathered wreath, and the scalloped black border is the final curtain on the performance.  Listen to your blocks while selecting the fabric.  You will know when they start to sing!  All you have to do is listen with your eyes.

 As you go about your quilting, listen with your eyes, you know what you like, you know what looks good....trust your instincts and go for it!

As always,

Lynn




15 comments:

  1. Wow...looks like a whole different quilt than the first! Is this one a keeper for you? I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first version is elegant beauty and I love it. But, the second version is elegant with a touch of whimsy and does speak to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, this quilt is just beautiful! I love the colors you chose and the quilting is fantastic!! I'm still working on my UFO (!) and wonder if I will ever finish so I can start something new. Your quilts are so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful....Beautiful.....Beautiful......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Another gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so admire how you and your quilts sing in harmony, Lynn!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both just gorgeous Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! That darker one just speaks to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A sweet quilt design having the basket in the center section. I like applique combined with piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each is exquisite, and each has her own look. I hope to make one of each color way. Thanks for the pattern and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful..... One for summer time and one for winter....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Sentiments and two great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love both versions of this quilt. I agree with Crissie, one for summer , one for winter!! You are such a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Lynn,

    Another beautiful finish. Interesting to hear about the word Madrigal. We have a family in town here with that as a surname.

    happy days to you.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete