Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Buttonwood Class is in Session

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was one of those well-spent days of our lives.  You know, the kind of day when you are together with your friends sharing a birthday, being creative, learning something new, expanding quilting knowledge and just plain having a good time.

Everyone started the day working with a different grouping of fabrics.  Just look at how the different groupings came together!  We were amazed when I put them up on the wall.  What a beautiful, scrappy quilt!  By the end of the day, the frustration level making 1-1/4" HST subsided when everyone stepped back and enjoyed seeing the fruits of their labor.


I didn't realize until it was too late, that I didn't take many pictures.  But I'll share what I have.

The most difficult part of this block is the handle.  I posted a tutorial for the smaller size of this basket under the Virtual Classroom topic at the top of the blog.


The blocks the girls made yesterday were 9-1/2".  The block layout sheet in the pattern was a big hit and helped laying out the block.  It would be much harder to make this block without it.


Here are just some of the fabric groupings.  I was so busy teaching, I didn't think to take more pictures.




It was Chris' birthday yesterday, so I brought in a crock pot of Meatball Soup. (I posted the recipe under the Recipe section of the blog.)  Madeleine brought in some wonderful bread for our noontime lunch break.   

Yesterday was a chilly day outside, but full of warmth inside.  The quilting community has a way of spreading warmth, sharing, and fellowship.  Thank you all for such a great day.

As always,

Lynn



4 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous basket blocks ! So many different fabrics everyone is using

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classes always look like such fun, and so productive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the versions - beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just spent the most wonderful time catching up with you since we've been gone, Lynn! I almost think we would have had a better vacation if we were flys on your shoulder in your stidio - lol!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete