Thursday, May 3, 2012

Baskets and Borders

Hello Everyone,

Just two more baskets and one more border to go, then Buttonwood is ready for the quilting machine. I had a yellow and white check in my stash which is working perfectly in the border.  I can't believe I'm adding more yellow!



 I'm going to try to come up with something different to quilt in the borders.  I'll look through quilting books tonight and see if anything strikes my fancy.  The quilting will really show up in the borders.

I made two of the little corner baskets yesterday, and I'll try to get two more finished today along with the bottom border.

Company is arriving tomorrow, so today is a housecleaning and grocery shopping day. So, I have to run and get my day started!

As always,

Lynn

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow Lynn, I love this. The colors are so gorgeous!! What a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow Lynn, and glad you had a chance to add more. I can hardly wait to see what you do for the quilting. Your work is always so beautiful.
    Enjoy your company, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow border is just perfect ! I can't wait to see how you quilt this one ! Have fun this weekend with your company !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy you're using yellow in your borders, Lynn...Follow the Yellow Brick Road! Enjoy your company!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red & white check is a perfect border fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Lynn. I stopped by "In Between the Stitches" today and unfortunately you weren't there. Enjoyed looking at your blog--your quilts are lovely. I was visiting my sister in Pleasanton, but tomorrow I leave for my home in Tunisia. Maybe next time I visit our paths will cross!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking great. Enjoy your time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete