Saturday, September 8, 2012

Christmas Quilt Along - Sept. Post #1

Hello Everyone,

Today is the Christmas Quilt-a-long.  Hazel is our hostess today.  Go on over to her blog and see what she is doing and check out all of the Christmas projects that quilters are working on around the world.



I decided to get my Nostalgic Christmas quilt on my HandiQuilter and dig in!  When in doubt, I quilt feathers.  The 18" blocks have a lot of different borders so there are going to be many thread color changes and different designs in each one.  Am I crazy?  Yes!! Absolutely crazy to think I can get this finished in a reasonable amount of time.

 
 
My to-do list is growing for everything that I need to complete by the Georgetown Quilt Show next Saturday.  There are so many little details that only I can do from finishing pattern directions to hand work on Toyland Tree.  No rest for the weary!
 
Soon,
 
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful quilting, Lynn.

    It sounds like it will be a bit frantic this week, but I'm sure it will all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting looks amazing. I'm so glad you joined us, even though you are so busy.

    ReplyDelete