Thursday, February 28, 2013

Country Charmer Quilt Along

Hello Everyone,

Today, the first day of the month is Country Charmer Quilt Along update day.  I'm so anxious to go over to Lesley's and check out Mr. Linky at the bottom of her Country Charmer post.  Patterns have been mailed all over the world!  From Germany to Australia to Canada, people are making their version of Country Charmer.

My friend Karen, from Los Banos, California is making her quilt in these yummy, coffee colors.  It is going to look so rich and creamy when she's done.  Just look at her checks and plaids!

My sister Gail, selected warm reds and greens for her Country Charmer to be on display year-round.  Her unifying fabric is her cream background with a small maroon flower and the red and green check fabric around her center.  Very "Gail" and gorgeous! Love the plaids, checks and strips.  It all works together so nicely.

My email friend and blog follower Tina from Nevada, is going all out for a Christmas Country Charmer.  Her bright reds and greens make her blocks very cheerful. Gotta love her plaid and her fussy cut centers!  Tina said she was having trouble with her 1/4" seams.....they look perfect to me Tina.

 
My friend Chris, from Livermore, California purchased a kit that I put together last year at In Between Stitches.  She is putting her stripes and polka dots to good use in her blocks. 

 
I love the way she fussy cut her center.  It's perfection when it comes to Chris' piecing!


Now we get to my almost finished quilt top.....my quilt without borders.  My melting pot of color all came together in the end.  Did you have doubts???  There were times when I did.....but I persevered with my forays through my fabrics. Every block is unique and just about every color of the rainbow is represented. The black and tan sashing and 9-patch pull it all together.



 
You can go over to FLICKR and see lots of posted Country Charmer blocks.  Thank you Lesley for setting that up for us.  Many thanks to Lesley also for taking charge, and leading the Quilt Along. 
 
Thank you all for participating in the Country Charmer Quilt Along.  I've met the nicest people over the past couple of months that have jumped on board.  It's never too late to join in this low-key no stress Quilt Along. The pattern is available HERE.  Keep those comments, emails and pictures coming.  You've all done wonders with the pattern and I'm so proud of all of you!!
 
Soon,
Lynn




11 comments:

  1. So many pretty blocks! The coffee colour is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All blocks are so wonderful.
    Your quilt top looks amazing. I´m so happy, I make my own from your fantastic pattern.

    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lynn, it looks amazing.the sashing really pulls it all together....ok, now I can't wait to get to that stage, I bought my sashing and border fabrics today..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't they all just wonderful? It makes me want to get straight back to the sewing machine right now and ignore housework and cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe! Each and every block put forth by Karen, Gail, Tina, and Chris are gorgeous. Love the fabric choices and it's so much fun to see the variety of fabrics and color schemes. Karen's in the chocolate and coffee colors is a color way I haven't seen yet, and it really works! And you, Miss Lynn, have really inspired me when I see the sashing and 9- patches surrounding your blocks. Love what I see! As always, thanks for participating and cheering us on with your helpful tips and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen's blocks are so warm and soothing...just like whats swirling around in my snowman mug right now! Gails quilt can come live with me...Part time? Yeah?!?!?!
    Tina's quilt is looking amazingly like the other Country Charmer quilt that's been rattling around in my minds eye.
    And Lynn's quilt...I dub thee Country Charmer~Along The Garden Path, because I'm seeing roses and daffodils, Sunflowers and Forget-Me-Nots, Buttercups and Bluebonnets amongst paths made of beautful pavers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to see what fabrics everyone is using for there Country Charmer quilt ! I really like the coffee color quilt blocks Looks like you have yours finished in no time Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lynne your quilt is beautifull. I looked at a couple of your other posts. Beautiful work. I came over from your name mentioned on Pinterest. Couldn't get here from there. I googled you. I love the name of your blog! I am a quilter too. I have signed up to follow you in my little blue slippers and get your emails too. I am glad I found you.
    Have a great weekend,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Smokes - the variety in all the blocks are wonderful! Oh and I am amazed at all the different colors in yours, Lynn! You're so right about the black and tan pulling it together! I have a feeling it won't be long before I get drawn into the vortex of Country Charmer blocks ;>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to buy the Country Charmer April 2013 but I can't seem to find where I suppose to buy it.

    ReplyDelete