Sunday, September 1, 2013

Country Charmer Check-In

Hello Everyone,

It's the first of the month again which means it's Country Charmer time.  When you click on the Country Charmer button, it will take you to Lesley's page and the Country Charmer Quiltalong information.  I have Lesley's beautiful quilt at my house and I'll be quilting it for her next month just in time for the parade of quilts.


At the top of my blog, I have the Country Charmer Quiltalong tab HERE where you can get tips on how to select your fabrics, and how the block goes together using the block layout sheet.

Here's the darker version.


Here's my original quilt using red and green fabrics.


This sled comes in handy for display.


 
Here's a parade of blocks to get those juices flowing for colors combinations.  Stripes, polka dots, checks, and plaids, you name it, they all work together.  If you notice, the first two blocks have the neutral color around the center square.



All of the rest of the blocks have an additional color added around the center square.  It's all about the color!










 
I'll be quilting Lesley's quilt like this.
 

 
 
The Country Charmer pattern is available HERE at In Between Stitches.
 
Thank you so much Lesley for starting and running the Country Charmer Quiltalong.  You put Sew'n Wild Oaks on the quilting map around the world and I couldn't be more grateful.
 
Soon,
Lynn


6 comments:

  1. Always so delightful to revisit your two quilts - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so beautiful!! No wonder Lesley has had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, I really took my time looking at your CC quilts and the blocks. All those centre stars pop with the colours you used. I'm learning all the time from you, Ms. Teacher, and I continue to love each and every CC version! Glad I got you on the map...giggle...just wish California and Nova Scotia were closer! Can we redraw the map?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn both quilts are gorgeous, and so is your quilting. I can't wait to see some more up close and personal - in 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this pattern still available?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I freaky like this pattern but when I click on the site, it is not found. Is it still available?

    ReplyDelete