Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I Heard it Through the Grape Vine

Hello Everyone,
 
Now it's time to get back to some real work and get some quilts together for some of my upcoming events.  When I imported this picture into Blogger, it reminded me of a clown's eyes and nose!  I think my brain has been deprived of oxygen.....I'm losin' it!
 

My design process is always in a state of change.  I thought I just needed to make a couple more basket blocks, add a border and call this one ready for quilting.  I was wrong again!  I changed the layout, made it bigger, and now I have to make a lot more blocks. Sometimes I just don't know when to quit.  It's a good thing I enjoy making these little blocks for Once Upon a Vine.


Now let me rant about the US Postal Service.  Why does it take a package 5 days to travel to the postal hub only 50 miles away? I could have hand-carried my box of quilts and patterns in half that time with the box strapped to my back!.  I was literally and physically sick every time I thought about my box lost for 5 days containing almost 100 patterns, my Country Charmer quilt AND Harvest of Hope quilt destined for The Quilt House.  Janet, the owner of The Quilt House was going to display both of the quilts at Road to California.  Once the box gets to Nevada, the girls at the shop have to turn right around and send it Next Day Air to Ontario, CA.  The box may arrive just in time for closing day of the show.

The good news is the box was found and I won't have to have my friends Quilt Sue and Nancy help me applique a new Harvest of Hope quilt.  (They are breathing a sigh of relief right now!)  I was going to ask Lesley if I could borrow her gorgeous Country Charmer until I could make another one.  You are all safe girls......for now.  Your services might just be needed at a later date!

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments on my last post about my upcoming appearance on The Quilt Show.  This is going to be a quilting journey that you can all take with me.  I'll keep you posted about it every quilted step of the way.

Soon,
Lynn

11 comments:

  1. I know the feeling - anything FedEx in our area goes to the central hub in Mass. and SITS - but that travels thru NY to Mass only to return to NY - how rediculous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love those hexagon grapes. They are perfect with your baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sick right along with when you told me...but I reminded myself that I once had an insurance payment take 5 days to get 10 miles, so I stopped and breathed a prayer that the lost would be found, and was so relieved when it was answered. I've put in another good word for the next leg of the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be such a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In love with your " Once Upon a Vine " . I bought that gorgeous fabric line . Sorry about the post office. What a mess :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. And guess what?? The PO system is about to raise their rates yet again. On Saturday!!! So we get to pay more for them to do what they do to us :-( I did read that FedEx has flat rate boxes now, but I have not used them, so I can't say if that is any better. Just so glad the lost was found ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness the box was found but so sorry that there was such a delay. Once Upon a Vine is growing more beautiful all the time. Thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving Once Upon a Vine. So happy your box was found.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pheww, I'm so glad the box was found. What a shame though that your quilts wouldn't be hanging at the show for the whole time. I notice that Nancy's taking all the credit for the box turning up again - don't believe everything she says. She's not called Naughty Nancy for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big sigh of relief here, Lynn! Back in another life I owned a mail and packaging business. We were right across the street from the post office. Let me tell you, I think I've heard every rant and rave about the PO and then some! Thanks to all of their mishaps, I had a pretty good business!! I am loving the look of your new quilt!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear your package was found, that must have been a little scary . I love how your quilt is coming along , those hexie grapes are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete