Thursday, June 19, 2014

Quilting in the Garden 2014

Hello Everyone,
 
I have some exciting news!  I've been asked to teach again at Quilting in the Garden at Alden Lane Nursery in September.

 

I'll be teaching Once Upon a Vine on Thursday, September 25th.  For more information click HERE.


To be listed on the same page with Laura Nownes, Jean Wells, and Sally Collins is a huge honor!  Little did I know when I took my first drafting class from Laura eons ago, it would take me this far in the world of quilting.


I've been quiet lately as I have my nose to the grindstone preparing for my taping for The Quilt Show.com which is going to take place on June 29th at the San Jose Quilt and Textile Museum.  My segment will not be "on air" until November or the first of next year.

I received my outline from the producer of everything we discussed in a long phone conversation.  I'll be doing a segment on Patchwork Math and a segment on Country Charmer.  The segments are short, only about 14 minutes each, so I have to be brief and concise. During the Country Charmer segment, I'll be discussing fabric selection and show how to use one of my favorite tools, the corner trimmer.


In the Patchwork Math segment, I'll show how I take a complex block and break it into components and resize them.

The first part of the taping will cover my background in Geography, and then some of my quilts will be featured.  If you are familiar with The Quilt Show, you know that sometimes there is an "after show".  There is going to be an after show segment during my taping and it is going to focus on our cabin.  The producer requested that I send photos of the cabin with my quilts......so I did, and now the cabin is going to be part of the show also. 


Mr. Joe and I conducted our own personal photo shoot of my quilts and other quilts I've made over the years hanging in and around the cabin.


I am sitting at the dining room table as I write this blog posting.  The breakfast sign says, "Open 6am".  Now that we have little Mazey, it should read, Open at 5am....or 4am!  She wakes up just as the sun starts thinking about making an appearance.  Before I take her outside, I always check for critters before we proceed.  Do you know how hard it is to contain a wiggling, 10 week old puppy with a small bladder?


More Quilt Show preparations are in store for me today.  I'm preparing a binder full of "step-outs" for the show.  I'll have way more than I'll ever need......I just want to be prepared.

Soon,
Lynn

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are so talented, it was just a matter of time before you "hit the big time"! Way to go! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! And I LOVE your cabin. It looks so warm and cozy, especially with all your beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am confident you will do well with the class and the show! And its always eye candy to see the cabin. The quilts inside add to the cozy and comfortable feel of your home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of the Quilt Show before - I'm on a hunt now to track it down. I would LOVE to see your segment!! Your quilting on Once Upon A Vine is beautiful - do you know when the patterns will be available?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How Exciting Lynn ! I am SO happy for you ! You are going to be Awesome :-D I love your " once upon a vine " quilt and your cabin looks beautiful with all of your quilts on display

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what you get for being so awesome!!! Those are still the cutest most clever grapes ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see that show!!! November is such a long way off!! :-) And are you teaching your patchwork math class anywhere in the future? I wanted to take it last year at Quilting in the Garden, but it was right at the same time as Alex Anderson's class, and I figured that it might be my only chance to take a class from her.... (sorry!!!) But I'd really love to take your class too. Let me know if you are teaching it anywhere: I'd make the trip for it! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new teaching assignment! I always love to see pictures of your cabin with your gorgeous quilts displayed so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woww, more fame coming your way, and it's well deserved too.

    Seeing the cabin brings back happy memories of applique lessons and no bears!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of exciting things going on in your life!! Congratulations on being asked to appear on The Quilt Show! The cabin is a beautiful setting for your quilts! Your 'Once Upon a Vine' quilt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete