Friday, September 12, 2014

Decorating My Design Wall

Hello Everyone,
 
Yesterday in my sewing room I found a couple of unfinished projects that are perfect for Fall.  It is supposed to be 100 degrees here today, so I'll have to pretend that Fall is on the way.
 

About two years ago, I started this top section from my Harvest of Hope pattern.  My plan at the time was to make a table runner.  I still think it's a good plan......I just need to finish it.  It is so close to being done.  I think I will just leave it out and work on the stitching and embroidery in the evenings.


 
Then there was this project.  Three little baskets that I made from my Buttonwood pattern.  I love these baskets more and more every time I find them.  I'm going to leave them out too so I won't forget about them.
 




I think they will make a nice table runner also.  The baskets are all finished.  They just need to be stitched together, add a small border and this is done.


I couldn't stop myself from sewing yesterday, even though I know I have to get ready for my show next week.  The laser printer was working downstairs while I worked upstairs......multi-tasking is my motto.  I made blocks from the leftover Judie's Album Quilt fabrics.  The basket of fabric was calling my name, and I answered the call.  I will add these to my Country Corners quilt......or I'll make a whole new quilt only using Marcus fabrics.


Tomorrow I'll be at the Amador Valley Quilt guild meeting.  I'm going to make a brief spiel about my upcoming workshop in November......which will be here in two shakes of a lamb's tail! Today I guess I should put a few words together about my Patchwork Math class.  I'm going to put that task at the top of my to-do list.  I also think I should put "Finish table runners" on that list too.  Oh yes, and I have to get ready for the show in Georgetown!  I think I need an assistant.  I know if Mazey had thumbs, she would help stuff patterns in the plastic bags.  Now wouldn't that be something.

Soon,
Lynn

6 comments:

  1. October Magic has been calling my name this morning and now I know why. Cute pumpkins certainly make it difficult for me to maintain focus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the settings for the baskets! I can see why you enjoy finding these beautiful blocks in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fabulous decorations you have for your design wall my dear! Wish they were on mine instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From what you've said, I reckon it's more likely that Mazey would eat the patterns - that would be her helping, so you didn't need to stuff them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the courthouse steps blocks. What are the dimensions? Everything you do is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some great eye candy here. I imagine the weather will cool down soon enough so then you'll have lots of fun playing with these projects!

    ReplyDelete