Sunday, April 12, 2015

Heartfire

Hello Everyone,
 
Heartfire is off the long arm and onto my lap while I work on the binding.  As soon as I get the hanging sleeve attached, I'll take a picture of the whole quilt.
 

 
It's easier to see the overall design from the back.  I'm anxious to try this technique on a wider border so the outside feathers will be longer.
 



While having lunch with my daughter, I shared the pictures of the quilt with her.  She immediately spotted the boo-boo, second block on the bottom row.  I totally skipped one of the rounds on the block and I didn't see it. It took a "non-quilter" to point it out to me.  Instead of re-loading the whole quilt on the long arm, I completed the round on my Bernina.


I found a great tutorial for the plate feathers HERE at Sampaguita Quilts.  The directions are easy to follow. You just really need to pay attention during the quilting process.

I'll be spending my day finishing preparation for my lecture and workshop in Auburn at the Foothill Quilters Guild tomorrow and Tuesday.  I have a long list of things to do and items to take with me.  The new Heartfire quilt is at the top of the list!

Soon,
Lynn

9 comments:

  1. Heartfire is wonderful Lynn. Good luck with the lecture and workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combination in this quilt, love that floral fabric you used in the center of each block, as well as the feather quilting in the border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those borders and the way the overall design echos when you get to see the back. I love it when quilts are just as wonderful on the back as they are on the top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I love it - and am looking forward to seeing the whole quilt. The borders are great - thanks also for the link to the feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I applaud you Lynn ! This quilt is Amazing and I am really looking forward to seeing the whole quilt :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn, your quilt and quilting is beautiful. Love this pattern. I checked the I Spy template, is it the 4" template on the site? I am a bit confused on how they measure hexagon templates and you mentioned a 4" diameter but do they go by the size of a side? Now to check that link on feathers. Thank you, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is so beautiful Lynn!! You are such a talented quilter!! I LOVE those feathers, and you did such a beautiful job on them!! Good luck tomorrow and Tuesday!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - you are just burning through that TO DO list of yours. Good for you! Your quilting on this is beautiful and nice to be able to see it from the back. I've got a binding to do as well but right now it's sitting in a bag on the floor just staring at me. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just beautiful from what we see so far. Have a great trip, lecture and workshop. xx

    ReplyDelete