Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Mini Quilt Show

Hello Everyone,
 
I've been taking a few days away from blogging since I had such a busy time last week.  Here is a mini quilt show for you this morning brought to you by the Amador Valley Quilt Guild in Pleasanton, CA.  I was so busy at the show, I didn't have a lot of time to take pictures.  I snapped these shots after we set up my booth, and before the crowds arrived. 
 
First I want to pay tribute to my friend Chris who passed away in February.  Chris took my Scrappy Leaves class a couple of years ago and she finished her quilt.  The quilt is as vibrant as she was.  She loved this quilt and we all loved her.
 

This is the last quilt Chris made.  She took the final stitches on the binding before Christmas. She was admitted to the hospital in December, and never returned home.  Chris was an inspiration to everyone she met, and we miss her dearly. 


My friend Nancy made my Madrigal pattern.  It is beautiful!











Another beautiful version of Country Charmer made by my friend Diane!












 
Here are pictures of the final booth set up.  I was very pleased with the whole booth.  Many thanks to my sister Gail, my granddaughter Emily, and Mr. Joe for helping with the booth.  There is so much to unload, carry, lift, and arrange.  It really helps to set the whole thing up ahead of time in my living room so I know where to put things.
 



Thank you to Gail and both my granddaughters Emily and Kinsey for helping throughout the whole show.  I couldn't have done it without your help.





I loved having so many of my readers, friends, and customers stop by the booth.  I was hoarse by the end of the two days after visiting with everyone.  Thank you all so much for stopping by and spending some time in the booth.

Now it's time to get back to quilting!! 

Soon,
Lynn

8 comments:

  1. Your booth looks so inviting! It looks like it is beckoning visitors to stroll inside for a cozy visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the mini quilt show. So many beautiful quilts. Your booth is one of the most inviting Ive seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All quilts are so, so wonderful. Thank you for sharing.
    Greetings Grit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! You acheived your goal...your booth is just all warm and fuzzy...all it's missing are some comfy rocking chairs to sit n' stitch n' visit in! Love some of those show quilts too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your booth looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing Chris's wonderful quilt, and all the others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a well-deserved break Lynn! Your booth was the warmest (and friendliest)!! Thanks for sharing the mini quilt show....so much beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful Chris had something in the show! Do you know I've had that scrappy leaves pattern forever. I think she just might be giving me some inspiration from above!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome-looking booth! Thanks for the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete