Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class is in Session

Hello Everyone,
 
I've been quietly working away the past few days, filling in at the shop and teaching....no time for blogging, and I don't have anything new to show.  But my girls have been extremely productive!
 
Jeanne is making Country Charmer.  She's a girl after my own heart with her scrappy blocks.
 


Here are her pieces on the block layout sheet before.....


.....and after.

The fabrics and blocks sing beautifully together.


Barbara has finished ALL of her blocks for Grammy Squares!  She started sewing them together in class yesterday.  She'll be finished soon!


Pat is working on her pastel Grammies.  I can't wait to see this one!


Karen has 30 blocks completed.


The use of stripes makes a wonderful design on this block.


Patti finished this gorgeous quilt top and it is ready for the machine quilter.  This was a year-long technique class.


Pictures just can't do this one justice.


Patti is also playing tiddlywinks with her little hexie grapes for Once Upon a Vine.


Marti has a excellent start to her baskets for Once Upon a Vine.

 
Jeanne finished her Once Upon a Vine!  I tell you, my girls are all finishers.....beautiful finishers.
 

 
Wendy has been bitten by the Dresden basket bug and is creating several beautiful baskets for a quilt.


Love her flowers and leaves.



Cindy is working on Country Corners and created these two blocks.  She has an absolutely delicious box of fabrics to choose from.  I drool every time I see them!


Marti finished an American Jane kit.  This is going to be her new tablecloth.  I couldn't let food near this one!


Doris is making an adorable little vase filled with Dresdens.  She did a great job with her fussy cutting.


Here's the beginning of Susan's beautiful bag.  You will be seeing the finished product soon.

 


There is such a feeling of companionship and love in the classroom.  The walls are beautifully decorated and it is one "happy place" of creativity.  I wish all of you could have the experience of spending the day with my girls.  They are the best!

Soon,
Lynn

2 comments:

  1. So many beautiful projects! Looks like I have a lot of work to do to catch up to Barbara and Karen with my Grammy Squares! I missed you all yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of creative fussy cutting which add interest! Very good use of color as well! What a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete