Friday, June 26, 2015

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class Was in Session

Hello Everyone,
 
Top of the morning to you!  The crowing from Kathy's rooster couldn't begin to get me out of bed this morning.  There are so many good things going on at Sew'n Wild Oaks which I'm not able to share with you just yet......but I will soon!  All of the good things are taking me away from my normal routine.  Normal is highly over-rated.
 
Anyway, last Tuesday was my Sew'n Wild Oaks class at In Between Stitches.  As always, the girls have been busily working on their projects during the month.  Kathy's Harvest of Hope blocks are amazing.
 

Everything Kathy does is incredibly precise and gorgeous.



Nancy is working on her Country Corners blocks.  She came with a box full of finished blocks and we put just a few up on the design wall.  It is fun to compare the different look by turning the blocks on point.


She will put setting triangles in the edges if she chooses this layout.  Do you have a preference?

 
 
In this photo, Nancy made 11 components from my Patchwork Math book.  She arranged and re-arranged them to create several different designs.  This is so much fun and so creative.  The hardest part is trying to decide which way to put the components.
 

 
Kathy is also making Country Corners.  She's added a few additional blocks which aren't in the book to add more variety.


We borrowed Nancy's Courthouse Steps blocks and created this layout for Kathy.  Can you tell we had fun playing?


Karen has lots and lots of beautiful Grammy Squares blocks made.  I wish you could see all of her cute center hexagons.  Karen has more blocks completed......we just ran out of wall space.


Gail has a ton of blocks made too.  She only displayed the blocks that she worked on during class.  Look at all the wonderful plaids and stripes!


Wendy is working on nine baskets full of flowers.  She is so determined to get this project completed for Fall.  I love her little flowers.


Maryanne is working on a beautiful quilt made from batiks.  She finished piecing the beautiful back of the quilt in class. 

Patty got her whole quilt top together during class.  The day started with individual blocks.....by the end of the day she had Once Upon a Vine ready for the borders.


Donna Fay made great progress on her Butterscotch Baskets quilt.  She made wonderful use of charm packs to make the blocks.  Well done!


I will be teaching Patchwork Math at Cloth and Quilts tomorrow in Turlock. I'm looking forward to meeting some new quilters, and spending the day in the spacious classroom and quilt shop full of reproduction fabrics!
 
Sunday, I'm teaching Lucy Boston at In Between Stitches.  I'm going to have a busy weekend, so I'll be busily preparing today. 
 
Have a wonderful weekend.
 
Soon,
Lynn

7 comments:

  1. Lotsa goodness coming out of that classroom as always. Grammy Squares always gives me that comforting feeling. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a successful day everyone had! Love those Country Corner blocks. Both settings are great, though I like the first the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the rooster block! I have about 120 court house blocks made and have been waiting for the finishing idea and I might just have seen it with 'the girls' help. L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my -- the colors in your class this week really speak to me! Good thing I wasn't there as I might have found a way to sneak them all home with me (just kidding, ladies)! I love the first setting for Nancy's Country Corners. It really brings your eye to each and every one. And how brilliant is the combination of Nancy and Kathy's pieces! I sure hope you find a little sense of normal in the coming months, Lynn! We might have to pop some in the mail for you!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancys Country Corners is a stunner! I love the first layout. So pretty! Everyone has done so well you must be a proud teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see the ladies work, inspired by Lynn. Thanks for showing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I clicked on Once Upon A Vine to look at all the beautiful baskets and noticed the right above the center medallion to the left there are 2 baskets that have a piece turned wrong. I was checking her use of color and it is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete