Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Happy First Day of Autumn

 
Hello Everyone,
 
Happy Autumn!  I'd like to know where this year has gone?  Shouldn't it be May and not September?
 


My cousin and her husband arrive today from North Carolina and I'm ready.  Cleaning....check.  Grocery shopping......check. Baking......check. Mouthwatering manicotti stuffed......check.  Hiking shoes all broken in.....check.  The last time my very physically fit, and active cousin came for a visit four years ago, I was not prepared to power walk everywhere we went.  I had a new pair of walking shoes, although comfortable, were not broken in properly.  Four weeks after she left, my toenails fell off of my big toes!  I kid you not. So bring it on Justine!  This year I'm ready to sprint up Half Dome with my toenails intact!   

Soon,
Lynn

9 comments:

  1. Have a great time!!!! First day of Fall and your home is ready.
    Harvest of Hope looks perfect over the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Squash promises to include intact toenails in his Polish Radiance ;>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops - that should be Rain Dance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is so inviting! I can smell pumpkins, apples , cinnamon, and spices. I laughed about the toe nails. I treated myself to a Pedi (after my hip fracture I have trouble doing my own) - 3 days after the Pedi ALL of my toe nails came off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You cousin sounds like my BFF. She takes such long strides when she walks, I can hardly keep up with her. Enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilt over the fireplace and the other quilts too. It just looks so warm and welcoming! Enjoy your visit with cousin and best of luck with those toenails ;o) !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time. Decorations are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so lovely and cozy Lynn: hope it's a great week!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete