Thursday, January 14, 2016

Put on Your Sunday Best

Hello Everyone,
 
Just a quick post before I head out of the door to my Checkerberry class this morning.  I wanted to show you my progress on Walk in the Park by Kim Diehl.
 

I stitched more frames to the blocks after this picture was taken.  Now my design wall doesn't look quite so wonky.  If I had a brain in my head, I would stop making blocks right about now and call it a wrap in the block department.  But, the blocks are so easy and so much fun, I want to keep going.  Plus, this quilt would look wonderful in one of my guest rooms.

 
This is a picture of the download for this FREE pattern by Kim Diehl HERE.  I'm using Sunday Best fabric for my quilt.  The original quilt uses an older line which is very similar in color.  At night I've been working on the applique portion.  The pieces are large and it goes quickly except for all of the little berries!
 



On another note, Gail's husband is leaving the hospital today under Hospice Care.  He will be much more comfortable at home with Gail and the kitties.  She has been so devoted sitting by his bedside in the hospital day after day for weeks.  You couldn't have a better friend, sister or wife. 

Soon,
Lynn

9 comments:

  1. Love those blocks and the secondary design that's happening as you put them up on the wall. In fact, I think they're wonderful standing alone without the applique...oops did I say that out loud?!?!?!
    Wish I could do more than ask you to give Gail another hug for me. My friends are tugging at my heartstrings right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally see why you want to keep going on the blocks, Lynn! I've always been a fan of Kim Diehl and Churn Dash is my favorite block! My heart goes out to Gail and and her hubby.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your blocks! Hugs and prayers for Gail and hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your block is gorgeous, and that design wall creation is going to be a beauty. My prayers go out to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's going to be a gorgeous quilt!! I sure do love Kim's designs: she sure has a knack for it, doesn't she? And please tell Gail that she and her husband are in my prayers. If she needs anything, please let me know. Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comforting comments and prayers. A special thank you to my sister. Lynn is giving up her Friday to spend the day with me. Yes, sisters are the best, especially mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are beautiful and so is the quilt . All the best to Gail and her hubby , now that is is home I hope he recovers quickly .

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great quilt, I don't blame you for wanting to make more blocks! Hope you have a good weekend - give my hugs to Gail.

    ReplyDelete