Friday, July 8, 2016

A Quilter in the Making

Hello Everyone,
 
There's nothing like sharing your passion with a loved one and watch them enjoy themselves while learning.  I think I have a new assistant who just happens to be on summer vacation, and can help their Grammy.
 
Kinsey hadn't used a sewing machine before yesterday.  She has a very steady foot for a consistent stitch, and a good eye for accuracy.
 


I don't have a fancy studio.  My dining room table is where the machine sits, and the island in the kitchen is the cutting and pressing station.  Works for me. 


Block number one for Lil' Orphan Scrappy is finished! 

 
 Chain piecing makes quick work of the final blocks.


She learned all about bias when stitching on the corner triangles.  Kinsey helped me work on this quilt for hours.  It is amazing how time flies when you're having fun.  We spent a wonderful afternoon together.


I mentioned in my last post that I was a bit under the weather and my throat felt like I'd swallowed a firecracker.  Well, I'm happy to say I'm finally feeling better after a l-o-n-g five days of napping and moping around the cabin.  I haven't been this sick in DECADES!  I felt too sick to have Mr. Joe drive me back home to see a doctor.  I was too sick to take Mazey on a walk.  I was too sick to do anything that required any thought or motivation. At least ten bowls of chicken soup later, I'm finally feeling well enough to have company and be able to enjoy them without passing on any contagious germs. I was teasing the kids that I had "Swine Flu" in tribute to Kevin the pig.  Maybe I did have swine flu.......

Soon,
Lynn
 

9 comments:

  1. Great job, Kinsey! This is a fun block and teaches you a lot of quilting techniques in the process, like "pointy bits". Grammy is a good teacher! Auntie Gail is proud of you! Keep up the good work and most importantly, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you are finally feeling better. What a joy to see you sharing your skills and knowledge with Kinsey! She's a quick learner and this is just the beginning....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better. Kinsey is a beautiful girl, enjoy your time together. All too soon they grow up and grow away with their own friends and interests..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Kinsey! You made great quilt blocks and great memories! I'm so glad you got to have some Girl Time with Grammie! Make sure she doesn't overdo it and get sick again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're out from under the worst of it, Lynn! Kinsey is a rock star! Will she get paid in cookies, too? (wink)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kinsey is a pretty young lady with a beautiful smile! What a helper. So glad you are better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely helper. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling better. Kinsey did a great job with her blocks , she has a great teacher 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you, I need a helper like that too.
    Glad you're recovering from the swine flu - funnily enough I think I've had the exact same thing. xx

    ReplyDelete