Thursday, October 27, 2016

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class Was In Session

Hello Everyone,
 
It was beginning to look a lot like Christmas in the classroom at In Between Stitches on Tuesday. Many of the girls are working on their Christmas projects.  Little Checkerberry is saying hello to you this morning. He is going to be the cutest pillow in Kathy's house this year.
 

Kristi is making a Kim Diehl wall hanging.  This one can be used throughout the entire year as far as I'm concerned.  I love the touch of the wool leaves.


Kristi is also making this wall hanging.  So cute and different.


Irene is making the stars for her table runner.  Great precision.


Kathy finished her Snow Globes quilt.  What can I say.......another heirloom by Kathy.  It is incredibly beautiful.


She "inked" her design and it is all embroidered by hand.




More Lucy's in the room.


Ann has her Madrigal top ready for her long arm.  She marked the scalloped borders in class.


Ann is also working on her blocks for The House on Edgewood Lane.  I love the fabric selection.


Marti is almost finished with the center applique for Chelsea Cottage, a Blackbird Design.


I was a bit under the weather with the start of a sore throat, so I just sat and worked on one of my projects and didn't say much for most of the day. (I know what you are thinking.....it is hard for me not to talk!)

I'm speaking at the Manteca Quilt Guild meeting tonight, so I wanted to save my voice.  I've been sucking on lozenges for the last couple days and actually feel that my voice is going to make it through the evening guild meeting. 

According to Mr. Joe, my sore throat is caused by excessive snoring.  One of these days I'm afraid he is going to record it and play it back for me over the breakfast table.  I don't snore....period!  But, he has been enjoying my new raspy, husky, Lauren Bacall voice.

Soon,
Lynn

 

4 comments:

  1. Awww...look how cute Checkerberry is in blue! Irene and perfectly precise blocks...well whoda thunk?!?!
    I adore the Crabby Hill snowglobes...another thing on my bucket list!
    I was just looking at the background print Marti's using for Chelsea Cottage yesterday and wondering how many hundred yards I ought to order...decisions, decisions!
    This the season! My son was just here with a froggy throat! I hope you're well enough to do your presentation...but hearing you channel Lauren would be priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon.

    I always enjoy seeing all the WIP'S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I have no additional words! Gorgeous works of art. Neither you nor I snore, Lynn...it is a figment of our hubby's imagination! I think they're just hearing their own snoring!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, sure hope you are feeling better! And I'm sure you don't snore.

    ReplyDelete