Sunday, February 26, 2017

Spoken For Class Was In Session

Hello Everyone,
 
I taught Spoken For yesterday at In Between Stitches.  The girls dug right in and began making Dresden Plates, incorporating both fans and blades.  Kristi is using Edyta Sitar's new fabric line in her blocks.

 

Here is a collage of the results from the class.  This in itself would make a beautiful, scrappy quilt.  All different kinds of fabrics are in the collage from Japanese fabrics, to 1930's, to reproduction, to brights.....they ALL work.


Valery started making her 'plates' ahead of time. She is only pulling fabrics from her stash for her quilt.  The blocks are 8-1/2", yet it's amazing how much fabric you use.  The fussy cutting also uses up more fabric.


Here is the beginning of another one that I'm going to make.  The blocks are addicting.  They start out so large, and end up so tiny.  There are a lot of seams, and they have to be a spot on 1/4".

 
I can't make just one block!
 

 

Here's my original Spoken For.  I would like to make another one about 4-times as large as Spoken For #1 to cover a queen sized bed.  I can just picture it......now I need to do it!  If you are interested in the pattern, it is available HERE at In Between Stitches. 

 
Thank you all for the great day of quilting, chatting and eating!  Now that your templates are made, you are ready to fly through the blocks.
 
Soon,
Lynn
 


2 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful Dresden blocks! Another quilt coming together....wish I could have taken that class. Guess I will have to make this quilt. Another fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your designs are like chocolate, Lynn - totally addicting and good for you! I'm back making LOS blocks - they're not only addicting, but make me happy!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete