Sunday, April 30, 2017

Huckleberry Hill Continued

Hello Everyone,
 
Yesterday I switched from piecing back to applique on my Huckleberry Hill pattern.
 
 
I forgot to bring my tiny applique pins, so I'm stuck using the big, honking pins instead.  At my last retreat, my friend Paula used an 18" Cheryl Ann's design wall next to her machine.  This is a fabulous idea!  I love having mine right next to my machine.  It takes up less room than having the parts and pieces laying on the table.  You can see things better too, and make fewer piecing mistakes.  In my age group, that's a real plus!
 

I have to add the handle and bow to this block, and a few more little pieces to the applique section.  The off-center log cabins are easy.  The little Y-squares make up the top of the basket.  They finish at 7/8".  Tiny, but they fill the bill nicely.

There are going to be four basket blocks in this wall hanging.  Not too big, not too small.  I have a couple of ideas on how to set them.  I love these baskets, and would love to have this hanging by Memorial Day.......how about July 4th.......do I hear Labor Day?


The majority of the fabrics are Star Spangled Liberty by Pam Buda for Marcus Fabrics. I added in a touch of yellow from the Georgetown fabric line, also from Marcus.



Now you might be wondering what basket number four is going to look like.  Well, so am I.  Time to put pencil to paper and start drawing.

I will be a vendor at the quilt show in Grass Valley next weekend.  Gail and I will be staying with our friend Nancie in Grass Valley.  Our friend Laurie will also be with us.  Laurie is riding up with me and asked if there would be room in the car for her suitcase and two bottles of wine.  Forget the suitcase Laurie!

It was a wonderful show last year.  The show is at the Nevada Country Fairgrounds, which is nestled in the pine trees.  It is probably the prettiest fairgrounds in the state.


This week I'll be preparing for the show. My note cards sold like hot cakes at the last show.  Guess you know what I'll be doing this week to replenish the supply!

 

Soon,
Lynn

5 comments:

  1. That is a lot of tiny piecing and appliqueing, but oh so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pattern is so heart warming---I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks: I'll be looking for that pattern when you have it done! :-) Have a great time: wish I could be at that quilt show, but we'll be in Utah for a nephew's wedding. I'll have to visit a few quilt stores over there!! :-) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this quilt is coming together! Sure wish I didn't have to work weekends because I would love to check out that quilt show and I am fairly close so it tugs a little more at my heartstrings...sorry to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, Lynn...this is stunning! I also love this little design wall. I am so happy with the big one! Have a great time at the show!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete