Tuesday, October 31, 2017

An Enjoyable Day

Hello Everyone,
 
After all of the shows, retreats, lectures, and workshops over the past few weeks, I was past due for a break.  Yesterday was Mr. Joe's significant birthday, (in this age group, every birthday is significant!)  We loaded Mazey in the car and headed over Ebbetts Pass into Nevada.  The cottonwoods were decked out in spectacular color.
 

This photo was taken in Gardnerville, NV.  The mountains you see are the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada range.


We went to the little town of Genoa. Their claim to fame is that it was the first settlement in Nevada.


You really get the feeling of stepping back in time in this little town.


We love to go antiquing and wouldn't you know, the antiques shops were both closed!



Looks like pebble quilting to me!


We went to our favorite place to eat in Genoa, Cottonwood Cottage, and they were closed too!  We ended up in the little general store with all of the locals.  The locals were so local, a cowboy came in wearing spurs!  I was looking for his horse but didn't see it.  How can you drive a car with spurs on?

This made us chuckle.  Happy Halloween.


The rest of the week I'll be preparing for the Annie's Star Quilt Show in Chico, CA this weekend.  I'm busy cutting and rolling fat eighth and fat quarter bundles.  I have to print some more patterns and get them ready.  Luckily I can send a job to the printer and keep on cutting.  I love multi-tasking.

This is a view of the dogwood from our deck.  By this weekend, the leaves will be gone as it is supposed to starting raining and snowing in the next few days.  It couldn't come sooner for me as that marks the end of fire season. 


No hooky for me today.  It will all be work, work, work.

Soon,
Lynn

P.S.  Morning chuckle.  We live by Ebbetts Pass.  We get our propane from Ebbetts Pass Gas. I laugh every month when I make out my check for our propane.
 

11 comments:

  1. I'm laughing right along with you, Lynn. That is too funny! Thanks for sharing your photos of your "escape day." Sorry you missed your favorite stops, but I sure enjoyed learning about your part of the country. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Mr. Joe! What a gorgeous day for a drive to a gorgeous place. I'm so happy that you were able to escape for the day - you deserve it!
    Cheers!
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo! I can finally comment again as long as I do it Anonymous.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures. Love the fall. You deserve your much needed time away. Happy Birthday to Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed all your retreat shares and how better to sit back and catch your breath from it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That yellow tree is just gorgeous!! Paul and I explored Genoa a few years ago and loved it. We thought about retiring there, but the land didn't seem as inexpensive as we had hoped. Did you get to the quilt store in Gardnerville? I haven't been there yet, but someday.... Tell your hubby Happy Birthday for me. Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Lynn,
    Thank you for the nice impressioning pictures.
    I wish you a relaxing time now to gather power for your next classes.
    Hugs, Doris :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you can laugh while paying a bill! Hahahaha! Happy birthday to Mr. Joe and I hope you find a little "down time".

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry that the shops and restaurant were closed but happy to hear that you had a day "away from it all"!!! Happy Birthday Mr. Joe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made a nice little dent in my pocketbook in Gardnerville when we zipped down and back for the big 1st Birthday celebration! You have no idea how close I came to calling you to see if you could head over the pass and meet us at Quilt House! We were talking about going back one day, specifically to peruse all the antique shops. We'll have to plug Genoa into the GPS!
    Happy Belated Birthday, Joe!!!

    ReplyDelete