Monday, November 13, 2017

Annie's Star Quilt Show in Chico

Hello Everyone,
 
I'm so far behind with my posts!  It's been almost a week since I've logged on my blog.  I'll be backtracking a bit over the next few days to get you, (and me) caught up.
 
The following mini quilt show is brought to you by the Annie's Star quilt guild.  There were over 250 quilts in the show the first weekend in November. 
 
This quilt was made by my friend Jo.  The ribbon you see is Best of Show!  Jo took my Patchwork Math class a couple of years ago, and she applied the formulas to the different components in this quilt.  Well done Jo! This picture doesn't hold a candle to the quilt.  It was spectacular and well deserving of the ribbons.
 


One very lucky person won the guild's opportunity quilt.  Gorgeous!





The challenge was a tree.  There were all different seasons of trees represented.  They were all so different and inspiring.






Beth also took the Patchwork Math class and applied the formula to make the components in the border. 


Applique was well represented in the show.


After a flurry of road trips, it has been delightful to be home in the mountains.  We've been stacking wood, raking pine needles, and preparing for winter.  The sky has been crystal blue with crisp mountain air.

In the morning when Mazey and I go for a walk, she explores all of the scents of the animals that passed through in the night.  I think of it as her time to "read" the morning paper with her nose.  If she could only talk, and tell me all about it.  The bears seem to be quieting down for the approaching winter.  There haven't been nearly as many sightings as there were throughout the summer.  The little chickarees or pine squirrels have been so busy at the bird feeder.  They must have a million nuts stored away for the winter.

Time for me to begin my day.  I've been gone for so long, the emails, and paperwork is really stacking up, just like our woodpile.  More pictures tomorrow of the Grass Valley lecture and workshop.

Soon,
Lynn



 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the beautiful Quilts, Lynn - amazing work. Glad you are home and having time to catch up and "nest"!!! Maybe a nap or two???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Some beautiful quilts at this show! Enjoy that beautiful weather up there and this season at home to quilt and nest :-) Hugs and head scratches to Mazey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness....so many gorgeous quilts and the applique work blows me away! Now for some quiet time in the woods...Mazey and Mr. Joe are surely dancing in the woods now that you can settle in for a long winter’s rest!
    Cheers,
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the pictures Lynn. The quilts are amazing. Of course I REALLY like the one with little houses. It is wonderful that you can finally take a breath and enjoy your home. I think of you and Joe and Mazey curled up on the couch in front of the fire. ENJOY!!!!

    ReplyDelete