Monday, December 18, 2017

Seasonal Hexie Toppers

Hello Everyone,
 
I made good use of my "football watching time" yesterday, and put four Seasonal Hexie Toppers together.  The games were so exciting, that I kept getting distracted.  
 
 
I started by cutting a large hexagon center and strips from four coordinating fabrics in varying sizes.
 


By the end of the second game, I had four tops together.  I want to use an 80/20 batting in this project.  Do you think I have any at the cabin?  I have lots of wool batting, but these are most likely going to be washed a lot, so no wool for me in this project.


I also didn't have any green or red thread!  I have tons of spools at home, but none at the cabin. The closest quilt shop is about 40 miles away....so sigh.  These are going to have to wait to be quilted later on this week since the shop is closed today. 

Today I will work on my Christmas cards, and maybe do some baking......which could be dicey.  We are having a generator installed today.  I don't need to have a batch of cookies in the oven, and have the workmen turn the power off to connect something.  I have a hard enough time baking at this  elevation.  Seriously, I have  major baking issues, with a great many flops.  Mr. Joe will eat anything, but once he passed on a layer cake the size of a pancake!

Snow is predicted for Tuesday night into Wednesday.  I can't wait to get some actual winter weather.  The high temperature is supposed to be in the 20's during the day.  I'll put my studded shoes on so I won't start ice skating around the outside of the cabin without giving me prior, written  notification!

Soon,
Lynn

P.S.  The pattern for the Seasonal Hexie Topper is located HERE in my Etsy store.

2 comments:

  1. Your hexie toppers are quite festive! Now that Christmas gifts are finished and shipped I may do a little sewing for my own home. The best addition I ever made to our mountain home's kitchen was the High Altitude Cookbook by Anderson and Hamilton (if I remember correctly). We're at 6500' and flat biscuits weren't going to cut it! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love those toppers! Since coming home from your retreat I've made four! I want to have them for every season. Love how fast they go together, too. I remember when I first moved to Colorado and experienced the High Altitude Baking Syndrome....took me a while to get the hang of it and in those days all we had was the library for reference! Thank goodness for the internet. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in no time! Happy baking!
    Cheers,
    Candace

    ReplyDelete