Friday, March 9, 2018

Grammy Squares Class Was In Session

Hello Everyone,
 
Well, I had a great day on Tuesday with a full class at Quail's Nest Quilt Co. in Sonora.  Such a cute shop and delightful quilters!  Here is their work at the end of the day of quilting.
 

I love to see the different fabric choices.  All of them are going to be beautiful quilts.


The girls came prepared with hundreds of 1" strips all cut and ready for stitching.





We have a good start on a quilt when you put all of the blocks together!


If you are interested and live in the Sonora area, I'm teaching a second class on March 21st.  Contact the shop for details.


This is Betsy.  This is Betsy clowning around and having fun!  Love it...love her blocks.


Here are some of my blocks.  I'm always preparing for the next class and make a few more blocks.  My stack is growing!  If I had the time,  I would make one block a day, and before I knew it, I'd have another quilt.  But the problem is, I would like to make just one block a day for about 5 other quilts!


You always begin with the end in mind.......and this is the goal......another Grammy Squares quilt.  I would like to make a queen size next time around.  I can just see this one on our bed at the cabin on a cold winter night.



Have a great weekend.

Soon,
Lynn

P.S. If you are interested in making a Grammy Squares quilt for yourself, the pattern is available HERE on my Etsy page.  The pattern includes the acrylic hexagon template for the center.

3 comments:

  1. That would be amazing on your bed at the cabin on a cold winter night!! I love your quilt!! did you make it back to the cabin safely after all the snow? I hope so!! And I love Sonora: So glad to know they have a quilt store there. I'll have to look it up the next time I go there. :-) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page! Thanks for all your hard work :) GORGEOUS quilts!

    ReplyDelete